Bioidentical Hormones for Women
Many women are unfamiliar with the use of testosterone. Testosterone has for far to long been thought of as a male hormone. Testosterone is not a male hormone. Women have it too, but the levels are 1/10th of a male level. Testosterone functions in women in many of the same ways as men, however there are some slight differences in symptoms and response to this hormone.
Testosterone will help the brain to work better and think clearer. It also will help the bones to build and will decrease the risk for osteopenia and osteoporosis. We all want to have beautiful skin and testosterone over time will improve the appearance of skin and can even give it a more youthful appearance. Muscle tone improves as well as a decrease in body fat, however, women who eat a health diet and exercise see the best results. Testosterone can significantly improve sensitivity of the skin and sexual desire. We have seen several women become orgasmic again and others for the very first time in their lives! Many of our patients experience “G-spot contractions” with pellet therapy, wherein they feel a gentle tugging sensation in the area of the G-spot.
Testosterone pellets can be used alone or with estrogen pellets and they are easily implanted under the skin. They provide a consistent release of hormone over several months. Many women will feel that their overall sense of wellbeing is improved after going on testosterone hormone pellets.
Signs and symptoms of low testosterone in women
The signs and symptoms of testosterone deficiency in women are often not recognized by physicians. Frequently, symptoms that women complain about are considered to be related to a mood disorder such as anxiety and/or depression. Often the diagnosis of depression is made and women are unfortunately prescribed antidepressants (which further decrease interest in sex) , sleeping pills and anxiety medication, such as Xanax, which can be addictive.
Women who are low on testosterone can develop a sense of not caring about anything – just “existing’. Cognitive function begins to decline and women experience “brain fog” with difficulty in remembering things and/or poor ability to concentrate. In menstruating women, these symptoms have nothing to do with the menstrual cycle. Some women can present in their early 20’s with symptoms of the lack of interest in sex.
Resolution of symptoms of women treated with testosterone pellets
Testosterone will “get your sexy back.” These are actual symptoms reported by women after they have been treated with testosterone using pellets:
- Significantly improved desire for intercourse
- Return of vaginal orgasms and increased strength of orgasms
- Significantly improved hot flashes and night sweats
- Improved brain concentration and memory
- Mood enhancement
- Improved overall sense of well being
- Less agitation or irritation with a better response to stressful events
- Resolution of vaginal dryness due to significantly improved desire for intercourse
- Weight loss, but only when exercise and dietary changes were made
- Improved muscular strength and endurance
- More youthful appearance of skin with diminished signs of aging
- Relief of migraine or menstrual headache
- Decreased joint and muscular aches and pains